All students in the Spring-Ford Area School District are invited to participate in a five-week private lesson program during the summer break. Lessons are available for:
* Students who currently play a band instrument
* Students who desire to start a new band instrument
* Students wishing to study strings over the summer should check out the Cool School program being offered this year.
The benefits of summer study are tremendous, and private study will ensure continued musical growth throughout the summer months.
This series of five weekly private lessons, taught by the Spring-Ford music teachers and local music specialists, will begin on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 and will conclude on Thursday, July 27, 2017. Tuesday and Wednesday daytime lessons will be from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Student participants will receive a 30-minute private lesson each week, for up to five weeks, at a cost of $20 per 30-minute lesson. Your child must be able to attend a minimum of three lessons.
Click here for more information by Friday, May 12, 2017.
District and all school websites: NEW PA School Immunization Requirements MUST be met by 5th day of school or student will NOT be allowed to attend school. If you are unsure, please check with your pediatrician.
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis
- 4 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chicken pox)
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
We are pleased to announce our fourth annual Summer Volleyball Camp. Click HERE for a brochure to print and complete if your daughter is interested in learning, developing and/or refining there volleyball skills.
We will have different levels of volleyball players come to the camp to tune up their skills for the fall season. If you have any questions, please contact Nick Lemuell at email@example.com
May 17, 2017
- Middle School Track should meet in the Auxiliary Gym for practice today, not the main gym! Track will end at 4:00 p.m.
- Any 2nd Quarter FCS student who had a project in the art show, please stop by room 328 to pick up your project and take it home.
- Students are reminded that textbooks are being checked/collected at this time. Please remember to bring your textbooks to class.
The Montgomery County Health Dept. is sponsoring its 13th Annual Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day at Elmwood Park Zoo on June 4th. Click HERE for a flyer with more details!
Students currently in grades 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th physicals will be held on Thursday, June 1 at the 9th grade center (enter door #1 Gym Lobby to check in):
· Girls physicals: 2:30-4:00
· Boys physicals 4:30-6:00
The cost for the physicals is $20, checks payable to Dr. Brosius.
EDUCERE Summer School
MANDATORY Student Orientation (Parents Welcome): Monday, June 26 at 8am or 6pm in the Hurda Learning Center (10-12 Center)
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, June 27
Course Dates: Wednesday, June 28- Thursday, August 3
Final Exam Dates: Monday, July 24- Thursday, July 27; Monday July 31- Thursday, August 3
Final Exam Times: 9-11am; 1-3pm
Final Exam Registration: http://signup.com/go/zCNCzv
More Summer School information can be found here.
Ronald McDonald Houses collect can tabs instead of entire aluminum cans because it's more hygienic to store tabs than cans, and collection and storage is easier. The program is an easy way for people of all ages to support RMHC and know they are making a difference for families and children.
After the tabs are collected, the local RMHC Chapter brings the collection to local recycling centers, where they are weighed to determine their value (values can vary significantly). The recycling center then sends the local RMHC Chapter a check for the total value
From Guidance Department: Community Resource
National Eating Disorder Awareness Week is February 26 through March 4, 2017. To honor this important week, the Eating Disorders Program at Brandywine Hospital is highlighting their support group for individuals in recovery, individuals currently struggling with symptoms, and family and friends of those suffering from an eating disorder. Please click HERE for a Flyer.
1. Select High School from Our Schools menu
2. Select Course Selection on the left
3. Select Course Preview Videos on the right
4. Pick the course you are interested in and watch the video
HERE for the course selection Timeline
HERE for the Spring-Ford Senior High Course Selection Form (side 1)
HERE for the Spring-Ford Senior High Course Selection Form (side 2)
HERE for the Course Selection Sheet for WMCCTC
HERE for the 2017-18 SF Senior High 9th Grade Course Selection Book
On Tuesday, January 24th, a Course Selection Parent Presentation will be held at the 9th Grade Center beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Here for the Parent Information Power Point Presentation
If you have any questions or concerns please contact your child's 8th Grade Guidance Counselor.